New Infrastructures and Functionalities
Call information summary
Call identifier: 6G-SANDBOX-1 – 1st 6G-SANDBOX Open Call for New Infrastructures and Functionalities
Feasibility check deadline*: 23 June 2023 at 17:00 (Brussels local time)
Submission deadline**: 3 July 2023 at 17:00 (Brussels local time)
* Please, read instructions for the feasibility check below.
** Language in which proposal should be submitted: English
Also: OC-1 Workshop (co-located event) registration link
The purpose of the open call is to enlarge and make the 6G-SANDBOX experimental infrastructure ready for advanced experimentation in upcoming project open calls for experimentation. Description of the 6G-SANDBOX facilities can be found on the project website at https://6g-sandbox.eu/pilot-6g-sites/. We are looking for the following implementations:
- AI Extensions of the 6G-SANDBOX NEF emulator
- Integrating LoRaWAN in the 6G-SANDBOX connectivity infrastructure
- Adding NWDAF Capabilities 6G-SANDBOX Testbeds
- Adding NEF Capabilities to the 6G-SANDBOX Testbeds
- Inclusion of Release 16 Devices
- Location information capability
- Integrated Sensing & Communication (ISAC or JCAS) to save energy
- Expanding the 6G-SANDBOX testbed capabilities with additional ORAN solutions
- Advanced Channel modeling capabilities for 6G to augment the 6G-SANDBOX testbed
- Multilink backhaul management
- Augmenting 6G-SANDBOX with Terahertz communication capabilities
- RAN extensions towards 6G RAN with new xApps
- Expand the 6G-SANDBOX with validated Digital twin performance for realistic deployments
- Technology for use cases in Internet of Sense
- Expanding the 6G-Sandbox testbed With Content Distribution Networks for Quality of Experience
- Expanding 6G capabilities and/or experimenting with the 6G capabilities
… as well as further topics of community interest.
- Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: 60,000€ (if justified, the proposer can request higher amounts)
- Consortium can request up to 180,000€ when composed of 3 or more participants.
- The project contribution to the third parties will be 90% (for-profit organization) or 100% (not-for-profit organization) of the declared costs, in accordance with the corresponding rules for participation in the SNS JU programme
- Total of 540,000€ is available for this Open Call
- The proposals (ranked above threshold) will be selected for funding to cover as many identified call topics (see above) as possible. Further priority will be given to close to equal utilization of the 6G-SANDBOX facilities (see below).
- Expected duration of the implementation is Six months. The technology needs to be supported for the rest of the project duration.
The open call proposers are encouraged to contact the 6G-SANDBOX consortium and share their intentions in order to verify the feasibility of the proposals to be implemented in the scope of the project and to receive initial feedback on the proposal planned activities. To perform the feasibility check, a description of planned experiment (up to one page in length) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail subject line or first line of the e-mail text, the short name of the proposal and 6G-SANDBOX facilities planned to be used in the experiment / implementation must be mentioned. Feasibility check of proposals submitted without the previous feasibility check will be performed right after the submission deadline.
Eligibility for participation and funding
- As regards eligibility rules for participation and funding in the Open Calls, the General Annexes to Horizon Europe for the Work Programme 2023-2024 apply.
- Implementing the Decision (EU) 2022/2506 on measures for the protection of the Union budget against breaches of the principles of the rule of law in Hungary, that took effect on 16 December 2022, some of the Hungarian entities are not eligible for funding (more information is available here).
- Please, note that organizations from United Kingdom and Switzerland are not eligible for the EC funding in this open call. UK and Swiss organizations can apply for the open call, as a single organization or as part of a consortium, but the funding if requested must be provided by UK or Swiss authorities).
- Proposers’ organizations can submit multiple proposals; however, total available funding for the organization in this call is 60,000€, expect in case of duly justification of a larger funding amount in which case only one proposal per organization might be selected for funding.
- Beneficiaries of the 6G-SANDBOX project are not eligible to participate in this open call.
- The proposals must be submitted through the online submission portal, available at https://submission.eurescom.eu/
- The proposals must be submitted by using the mandatory proposal template, available on the project website here.
- Participants are required to send with their proposal the Declaration of Honour for Applicants (doh), the template is available here.
Please, do not forget to upload your Declaration of Honor (DoH) as attachment to your submission!
Important notice: The deadline for the submission has now ended.
If you have any question do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
You might also be interested…
6G-SANDBOX Workshop (Co-located Event)
DATE: 7th June 2023
PLACE: EuCNC Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 12.30 – 13.15 – INTRO TO THE PROJECT & OPEN CALL SESSION (45min)
- 13.15 – 13.25 – LUNCH BREAK
- 13.25 – 14.00 – Q&A
Click below for more information and registration: